30.4 hrs (4 days) per week
(7-month fixed term contract – contrat durée déterminé CDD)
The RISE Foundation is looking for a part-time (30.4h) communications and project officer on a fixed term 7-month contract (possibility to extend will be dependent on funding). Your main task will be to design, implement and manage the communication channels and materials for a new EC funded project, in addition to contributing to the overall communications of the RISE Foundation. This post would ideally suit someone who has a good level of work experience but is specifically looking for a part-time role.
The RISE Foundation is an independent public utility foundation whose aim is to promote a sustainable agriculture in Europe. It works as a think tank, bringing together experts to address key environmental/agricultural challenges and develops high quality accessible research reports with clear recommendations for policy makers.
The main task of the Communications and Project Officer will be to set up and manage the communication channels and materials for an EC funded project (i.e. website, social media, newsletter, leaflets, videos). The project focuses on the creation of an integrated nutrient management platform in various regions across Europe. A limited amount of travel within Europe will be required.
In addition, the Communications and Project Officer will support the overall work of the Foundation by:
- Managing the RISE website and twitter account
- Supporting the set-up and communications of RISE events
- Improving the RISE Foundation’s visibility and dissemination of its work
- Drafting any written material required for other RISE’s projects, including newsletters, information sheets, activity reports and brochures
- Attending events, workshops and conferences on agricultural/environmental issues
- Keeping up to date on the key agri-environmental policy issues
- Carrying out relevant administration tasks
The RISE Foundation is a small and dynamic think tank and is seeking someone for this post who is a self-starter, happy to work proactively and manage their own work independently and conjunction with the rest of the team. They need to have a keen interest in agriculture and environmental issues and be motivated to keep themselves abreast of the latest debates and developments affecting agriculture in Europe.
Qualifications/ skills/ experience required:
Essential (please do not apply unless you meet the following essential criteria)
- An excellent level of written English. Any additional European languages are a great asset.
- A keen interest, and experience, in translating complex scientific – technical information into communications materials that are accessible for a wide audience.
- Prior knowledge of agricultural and environmental issues either through education, or previous work experience
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline and at least two years of experience, preferably in a communications role
- Previous work experience of the following tasks:
- writing communications material adapted for different stakeholder groups
- working with designers to create new websites and keeping those websites up dated and relevant
- working with developers to create videos, infographics, posters and leaflets
- writing press releases and contacting journalists
- managing a project/ organisation twitter account
- A strong level of initiative and proactivity
- Ability and flexibility to work as part of a small team
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Mature manner and strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications, website and social media management
- Previous experience in leading the communications of an EC funded project (H2020, LIFE)
- Experience with design software
Conditions of employment
- Based in Brussels (a hybrid model of homeworking and office presence is possible)
- Start date: September 2022
- 7-month fixed term contract (possibility of extension based on funding availability)
- Part-time (30.4 h/week)
Please send your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Communications and Project Officer: YOUR NAME’ in the subject field. Deadline for applications is 15th June 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and an assessment in our Brussels office.
Please note that we will only respond to successful candidates.