How to build up soil organic matter in EU soils?
On the 25th of May 2021, the RISE Foundation together with MEP Herbert Dorfmann and Dr. Franz Fischler, former EU Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, organised a webinar with keynotes and practical experiences on building up organic matter in soils.
Presentations from the speakers can be dowloaded here (click on the presentation title next to each name):
- Univ. Prof. Dr. Gottfried Kirchengast, Wegener Center for Climate and Global Change, University of Graz – “Carbon Storage in Agricultural Soils: A Key Part of Paris-compliant Carbon Management“
- Jozsef Ivan, Unit D.4. Environment, climate change, forestry and bio-economy, DG AGRI, European Commission – “The EU’s carbon farming initiative“
- Jochen Buchmaier, Ökoregion Kaindorf – “Carbon Enrichment in Arable Soils – an Ecoproject of Ecoregion Kaindorf“
- Azadeh Farajpour, Research Institute for Applied Knowledge Processing, Ulm – “Better Soil for a Better World”
- Franz Rösl, Interessensgemeinschaft gesunder Boden e.V. – “Humus Economy in Germany“
If you missed it, you can watch the full event here:
Picture on top credited to Light photo created by freepik – www.freepik.com